Consulting Services Roster
The Consulting Services Roster is an architectural, engineering, and professional services roster, following the statute Chapter 39.80 RCW, that the District uses to search for eligible consultants and solicit bids for consultant services.
Areas of Expertise
Annually, Skagit PUD requests Statements of Qualifications from consulting firms possessing the required experience and resources needed for any/all of the following areas:
- Engineering Design/Construction Management for Water System Infrastructure, including hydraulic modeling, permit acquisition, telemetry, and corrosion control.
- Engineering Design/Construction Management for Drinking Water Quality and Potable Water Treatment System Improvements
- Engineering Design/Construction Management and/or Business Planning for SCADA and Telecommunications Infrastructure, including fiber optics.
- Architecture related to facility and office design.
- Surveying services.
- Hydro-geological analysis and studies for well development.
- Electrical engineering studies for transmission, distribution, or generation, including planning and/or evaluation of project power supply and potential generation with micro turbines.
- Geotechnical Investigation, Analysis and Evaluation required for various District projects (including experience related to watershed/hydrologic analysis).
- Archaeological and Cultural Resource Investigation and Management Services required for various District projects.
Statements of Qualifications must clearly demonstrate the ability of the respondent firm(s) in the following Significant Evaluation Factors:
Cover Page (maximum 1 page, include discipline(s) applying for)
General Information (maximum of 3 pages using front and back):
- Overview of Firm (History, Mission, Vision and Goals)
- Proximity to Skagit County
- Quality Control Program
- Cost Control Methods and Effectiveness
Discipline Specific Information (maximum of 5 pages (front and back) per Discipline as described above):
- Experience of the firm for the submitted discipline. Provide project examples (within the last 10 years) including: Scope, Project Team, Specialty Subcontractors and Client Contact.
- Qualifications of the staff currently working/assigned to the discipline.
- Innovative design/analysis capability.
- Excellence in past performance.
NOTE: Multiple Discipline submittals must be under one cover along with the firm’s General Information. If you are submitting for one Discipline, your SOQ will be a maximum of 9 pages. If you are submitting in two Disciplines (tab each Discipline), you will submit one SOQ consisting of no more than 14 pages, three Disciplines will be limited to a maximum of 19 pages and so on.
Firms desiring consideration must submit three (3) copies of Statement of Qualifications for each area by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2014, to:
PO Box 1436
1415 Freeway Drive
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-1436.
Please direct all questions to Chris Shaff, planning engineer, at (360) 424-7104.
The District will score and rank each firm, within each category, based on the evaluation factors listed above. The District will then enter into a Master Services agreement with the top ranked firms in each category. A specific scope of work will be written for each project during the year and the District will conduct contract negotiations, on a rotating basis, with top ranked firms.
The number of firms selected for each category will be at the District’s discretion. The District is committed to a program of equal opportunity. Minority and women owned businesses are encouraged to apply.
This is not a Request for Proposal. Statements of Qualifications will be kept on file for calendar year 2014, or longer at the District’s discretion.